Thursday, July 5, 2012

Well I am finally updating my blog!! Sorry everyone it has taken me so epically long to do so. It's definitely not a first for me to procrastinate so much. Ask any English teacher I ever had. Any way so my FIRSTS FOR FEBRUARY!!!
       Wow where do I start? I guess I do need to add something to my first for January. A first for January, something that I am SO proud of, is my first trip as a head instructor! Also my first trip with another female co-instructor. Which I must say was so cool! Which I have continued so far with about 5 more trips as a head instructor.
       Which leads right into my Feb. firsts. In Feb. I was head for my first boys group. Let me tell you it was so hard. (Looking back as I am reading and writing what I wrote then I have to chuckle a little thinking of the one particular trip I've had since then. Knocking this boy's group trip to a much deserved 2nd worst trip ever.) But I liked the challenge. Somewhere between having to hold back a kid so he didn't hurt another one. To following a student walking out of camp, to keeping a student in the shelter at night, so he didn't freeze to death. To having to try to get that same student out of the shelter for 7 days straight. To having to go back to trying to keep the kid in camp again. While almost getting punched. Obviously someone never learned you shouldn't hit a lady. And then that very same student making a 180 degree turn around. To start doing the program and crying when I left. To having another student throw boots, a pack frame, and an orange at me. I realized man I am having a lot of firsts this trip.
         But before all that I had a few really fun firsts. One of which was having a date on Valentines day. It was a lot of fun. I was given roses and candy. Then dinner and Nazcart. Which I had never been to and driven the go-karts. Then later in the month I went snow boarding for the first time ever! So fun!! I fell down a lot and was super sore after. But I loved it. I had a lot of fun. And really good teachers.
         So starting with March. The first thing I can think of is I got to do my first Trails End. Which is for work, basically it's a two day graduation thing for the kids out there. Another thing was I got to do the ropes course at work for the first time. i was scared half to death but it was a lot of fun.
         I also got my first letter from a student. That was pretty cool getting to hear from her and that she's doing well. She is a way cool girl! Busted a tandem hand drill coal at trails end!! She's a rock star!
         I haven't tried any new foods for a while which is a bummer. I need to get on that. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS I'D LOVE TO TRY THEM! In January I had some palio pudding that was really good. I need to put that recipe on here.
         I don't remember which month it was but I got to teach a lesson for church in Relief Society out of the manual. That was pretty cool I always really enjoy teaching RS.
         Any who that's all I've got for now. Tune in next time to hear how my TONGA trip went! I'm so excited to share!!


2 comments:

  1. You are such a funny girl! I love ya! Cant wait to hear more Tonga details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! really very funny.


    Regards,
    Online Essay Help

    ReplyDelete